I’ve finally gotten fed up with the bounceback spam to my domain email account. I took steps that I should have taken a long time ago, namely setting up my mail server to only allow messages sent to specific addresses to reach my inbox.
The reason I waited so long is that I tend to use a unique address whenever I sign up for somthing online. (It’s actually helped me ID a site that resold thier mailing list – naughty naughty.) I just went through my old mail and came up with 75 different addresses that I would potentially want to receive messages to. Not as bad as I thought. So I’ve set those up on my mail server and I’m currently sending everything else (*@) to my gmail account. I’ll spend a couple of weeks monitoring that box to see if there are any addresses that I missed before I set *@ up to bounce.
Now I’ll finally know how little email I actually get. :p