Jenny and I went to Redding for father’s day.
Short list of the things we did:
- Stayed up for 35 hours
- Went swimming.
- Taught my aunt how to manage the files from her digital camera and burn them to cds (that can be played in their new dvd player)
- Introduced my 8 yr old cousin to Spaced Penguin!
- Got Duckling to kick for his Aunt (who lives in chicago)
- Shared stories about my father with aunts, uncles, cousins, mom and stepdad, sister, and grandfather
- Scattered (most of) my father’s ashes along (and into) the Sacramento River
- Announced Duckling’s name our family.
- Watched a CDF tanker helicopter scoop water from the river and dump it on a fire burning very close to my grandfather’s home (which was directly in the fire’s path)
- Had car trouble and got lost on the way back from the shop. (Before heading out of town)
I think it was a good trip, overall. Happy moments, and sad ones too. I think it’s time for “go to bed”