Aug 2nd 2002, 17:44 GMT

Well, crap.

A project launch that was scheudled for next week just got pushed back a month, right into the middle of my honeymoon.

All of the design work should be done next week. (In fact it basically is done, I’m just waiting on final content to plug into the pages.) I’m just not going to be here to push the new pages to the live server when they want.

It shouldn’t be too much of a problem. The project manager understands the situation – we just have to figure out who’s going to be able to handle the roll-out while I’m gone.

Aug 2nd 2002, 06:56 GMT

It’s getting closer.

So, here is the latest installment of the GLUE theme I’m working on. The next piece I need to deal with is the side-bar. I’m going to break it up into several boxes, (as it is on my site) and I need to play with the section headers a bit. Other than that, it looks like I just have a bunch of little tweaks to make.

Edit: I pulled the screenshots down, since the theme is now part of GLUE 1.0 RC1

Also of note: I’ve given up on making IE behave with well with a table-less layout for now. I figure a certain amount of arrogance when it comes to how I think the web “should” be built is fine on my site, but these themes really need to look “right” on as many browsers as possible.

I have tried to keep the use of tables for layout to a minimum – but at least IE isn’t mangling the layout too much anymore.

Edit: it’s still a silly acronym… :p

Edited on Aug 2nd 2002, 18:00 by Hooloovoo

Edited on Aug 16th 2002, 22:26 by Hooloovoo